Welcome to Healthwatch East Sussex
Healthwatch East Sussex gather people’s views of health and social care services in the county and make sure they are heard by the people in charge.
The people who fund and provide services have to listen to you, through us. So, whether you have had a good or bad experience, your views can help to make changes to services in East Sussex.
Our work covers all areas of health and social care. This includes GPs, hospitals, dentists, care homes, pharmacies, opticians and more. Join the conversation by sharing your experience or take a look at how you can get involved.
We also provide a free information and signposting service to help people access, understand, and navigate the health and care in East Sussex.
More information can be found by clicking here or calling our enquiries line on 0333 101 4007.
COVID-19 Information Hub
Our COVID-19 information hub provides:
· Links to the latest government guidance, including details of the lockdown restrictions
· Data on COVID-19 cases across East Sussex
· Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
· Details on COVID-19 symptoms, including how to get a test
· Signposting to those offering information and supportVisit the hub
COVID-19 Vaccination Hub
We have set up out COVID-19 vaccination hub to:
· Share information on who is to be vaccinated and when
· Provide details on the Vaccination rollout in Sussex
· Receive and respond to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
· Offer links to further sources of informationRead more
Are you struggling to access health or care services? Do you have positive feedback or ideas for improvements to share?
Our Information and Signposting Service is here to help Our information and signposting team can support you with any … Read more
People experiencing delays in obtaining GP appointments going to A&E instead. There is low public awareness of alternatives to A&E, … Read more
Healthwatch East Sussex is your independent watchdog for local health and care services. Since 2015 our Feedback Centre has offered … Read more
Annual Report 2020-2021
The latest Healthwatch East Sussex Annual Report summarises our activity and achievements in 2020-21 during a highly eventful year.
Over the last 12 months we have engaged with more East Sussex residents than ever before, capturing and relaying experiences and preferences on health and care services to commissioners and providers, helping them to understand the impacts of the pandemic and provide the support people require.
We raised awareness of challenges people face in accessing primary care, especially dentistry. We also captured the impact of visiting restrictions on those with family and friends in care homes. We collaborated with partners on the design of services to support homeless people and to the COVID-19 Outbreak Control Plan for East Sussex.
A series of webinar events were organised between September 2020 and March 2021 on behalf of informal carers (families and friends) of care home residents. Their purpose was to:
- Share unpaid carers’ views and experiences of visiting (or not visiting) their relative or friend in a care home during the pandemic.
- Enable unpaid carers to ask questions and gain answers from health and social care representatives about current and future access to care home residents.
- Have access to timely, accurate information around official and local visiting guidelines.
- Raise any concerns about wider care home service improvement; and
Influence decisions made by health and care leaders during the pandemic