We are delighted to share our Annual Report which provides a snapshot of our achievements during 2021-22, and our work in ensuring that your voice and experience shapes health and social care in East Sussex.
Over the last 12 months we have continued to pro-actively engage with East Sussex residents, capturing and relaying experiences and preferences on health and care services to commissioners and providers so that they focus on meeting the needs of local people.
During 2021-22 we:
- raised awareness of challenges people face in accessing primary care, especially GPs and NHS dentistry
- highlighted the impacts of visiting restrictions on those with family and friends in care homes
- researched the effects on people’s health and wellbeing of living in temporary and emergency accommodation
- supported 440 people through our Information & Signposting service
- established Young Healthwatch to explore children and young people’s experiences and views on health and wellbeing and ensure these are taken account of
- drew on 392 days of Healthwatch volunteer time in the development and delivery of projects
- shared information via our website, social media and bulletins, and gathered online insight via our Feedback Centre
- published 13 reports detailing 96 recommendations that were shared with commissioners and providers to inform service development
- shared our insight and key messages through a diverse range of local, regional and national partnerships and boards
During 2022-23 we look forward to continuing our work, especially the return to face-to-face events where we can engage with people in their neighbourhoods and communities, including our Listening Tour in Eastbourne in October 2022.
John Routledge, the Healthwatch Executive Director says:
“During 2021-2022 the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continued to affect people and the way they accessed services. We have focused on capturing public and patient voice to support services in understanding their needs and in evolving to improve their services locally.
We wish to thank everyone who has shared their views and experiences with us over the last 12 months, and our partners for collaborating with us on a wide range of initiatives.
I would also like to thank our staff, board members and volunteers for their considerable efforts in delivering our projects and programmes, and for putting the views of the public at the heart of health and social care decision-making locally.”
Our annual report has been submitted to Healthwatch England, alongside reports from all local Healthwatch in England. We also submit our report to East Sussex County Council as commissioners of the service and share it with a wide range of our statutory and voluntary sector partners across East Sussex and beyond.
Electronic copies of the report are available via the link below, and hard copies are available on request.
For media enquiries about Healthwatch East Sussex, please contact John Routledge, Director, on 07794 100 291 | 01323 403590 firstname.lastname@example.org