During a two-week period in August 2021, Healthwatch East Sussex undertook semi-structured interviews with 28 of the 42 residents living at Kendal Court at that time.
Engagement focused on gathering views and experiences on five core themes:
1. Residents’ experiences of living at Kendal Court
2. Residents’ experiences of being placed and arriving at Kendal Court
3. Issues affecting residents – practical, economic, social and health related
4. How, when and where support or help was sought, provided or accessed
5. Any changes that residents felt would help improve their experience
Qualitative responses and residents’ narrative was recorded during the engagement
process, analysed against the themes above, and cross-cutting issues identified.
This research was a follow-up to an earlier review of residents experiences at Kendal
Court, also carried out by East Sussex Community Voice [The host body of Healthwatch
East Sussex] in 2018.