Healthwatch in Sussex publish the final report ending our series nine of webinars capturing relatives and family carers experiences visiting their loved ones in care homes during the pandemic.
‘Staying connected with relatives and loved ones in residential settings – One Year On’ hosted on the 9th November 2021 welcomed 42 attendees including health and care partners, regulators, providers and carers support organisations. Many of the family carers attended all nine webinars hosted throughout the year.
The webinars enabled family carers to:
- share their views and experiences with providers and health and care professionals, as well as
- receive timely updates on new guidance as it was implemented
- Raise the profile of Essential Carer role – nationally and locally
- Participate in Q & A sessions
- Access support; and
- So importantly, to have their voices heard
A video of the webinar is available to view here: https://youtu.be/CKxiiQnIDyQ
You can read the final report which provides a summary of the discussion and actions via the link below.
Tell Us Your Experience
People’s experience of trying to visit loved ones in care homes following changes in Government guidance is still a priority for Healthwatch.
Whether it’s good or bad, please tell us how visiting your relative or friend is working out for you, and encourage others to do the same.