Each month we feedback on the themes and issues people have contacted us about.
We share this information with you and with Health and Care providers to help develop and improve services.
From these, we identify the services that people have commented on, the key themes and experiences we have heard and provide an overview of how we have used this information to help inform changes.
This month we heard:
- people in East Sussex have expressed ongoing frustration with the accessibility of GP appointments, but highlighting some positive experiences when they were able to access services
- that dentistry remains a key cause of concern for many local people, with people reporting that they were unable to find NHS dentists accepting new patients and also struggling to access timely appointments.
- varied understandings of Adult Social Care services, including what they deliver and who is eligible to access them
- people struggling to access support for mental health concerns.
- concerns around delays and cancellations for hospital procedures, as well as variable quality of care and treatment and poor communication in some instances
- mixed experiences of accessing and using pharmacies.
Tell us your experiences
You can leave a review of health and care services in East Sussex each and every time you use them via our Feedback Centre. This only takes a few minutes and helps commissioners, providers and Healthwatch understand how services are performing.
The Healthwatch East Sussex Information and Signposting (I&S) Service helps people to access the right health or social care service or organisation for their needs. In addition, the I&S service also enables people to share their experience or make a complaint about services they have used.
To contact our Information and Signposting Service please call: 0333 101 4004 or