Each quarter we collate and analyse what we have heard from the public and patients about health and care services.
From these, we identify the services that people have commented on, the key themes and experiences we have heard and provide an overview of how we have used this information to help inform changes.
We share this information with you and with Health and Care providers to help develop and improve services.
This quarter we heard:
- that dentistry remains a key cause of concern for many local people, with people reporting that they were unable to find NHS dentists accepting new patients, despite extensive searching.
- from people wanting support with complaints about their experiences of using local Hospital services.
- people in East Sussex have expressed ongoing frustration with the accessibility of GP appointments, but highlighting some positive experiences when they were able to access services.
- about a lack of clarity in appropriate advocacy support with needs falling between NHS and Care eligibility requirements.
- concerns around delays and cancellations for hospital procedures, as well as variable quality of care and treatment and poor communication in some instances.
- positive examples highlighted pharmacy staff giving prompt, friendly and useful advice.
Tell us your experiences
You can leave a review of health and care services in East Sussex each and every time you use them via our Feedback Centre. This only takes a few minutes and helps commissioners, providers and Healthwatch understand how services are performing.
The Healthwatch East Sussex Information and Signposting (I&S) Service helps people to access the right health or social care service or organisation for their needs. In addition, the I&S service also enables people to share their experience or make a complaint about services they have used.
To contact our Information and Signposting Service please call: 0333 101 4004 or