COVID-19 Vaccination Hub
Who is currently eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination?
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to all adults.
An eight week gap must be left between first and second vaccinations.
How can I get my vaccination?
- Book online now through the national booking service – you will be shown available appointments with the vaccine type recommended for you. You will also book your second dose appointment at the same time. When booking online, please enter your email address or mobile number to receive confirmation of your appointment. Please also note your reference number, as you must have this should you need to change your appointment.
- Phone 119 free of charge – you can also call the national booking service to arrange your first and second dose appointments.
- Arrange your appointment with your GP led vaccination service – some local GP services are not on the national booking service and you can book directly with them.
- Attend a mobile vaccination service or walk in – there are a number of mobile services and walk in sessions where you can just drop in without an appointment. See the latest list of these sessions.
You can attend these without an appointment. Please just take one form of ID (photo ID not required) and your NHS number, if you know it.
To attend for your 2nd dose, it must have been 8 weeks since your 1st.
Times and dates are subject to change at short notice due to reasons outside of our control, such as staff shortages. Please check the latest details before travelling.
Free transport to COVID-19 vaccinations
Sussex residents who have no means to get to their COVID-19 vaccination appointment are now able to book a free return journey to help them attend.
To book free travel please book your vaccination appointment or have confirmed plans to attend a walk-in session first, then call 01444 275 008 to speak to a travel coordinator. The booking service is available between 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
Once you are through to a travel coordinator you will be asked the following questions:
- Do you have access to transport to attend your vaccine appointment?
- Do you have a family member, friend or carer who can help with transport? They do not have to be in your bubble as per government guidelines.
If both of these options are not available the travel coordinator will arrange transport for you, including any additional needs such as wheelchair-friendly vehicles.
All transport providers have signed up to a COVID-19 safety policy to ensure that all precautions are in place for a safe journey.
Questions and queries
- If you have a question about the Sussex COVID-19 vaccination programme please take a look at the Sussex Health and Care Partnership’s frequently asked questions webpage. If you can’t find the answer you are seeking, please the Vaccine Enquiry helpline using the details below.
- You can email the Vaccine Enquiry helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the enquiry phone line on 0800 433 4545 (open 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday).
Beware of Vaccination Scams!
Scammers have already sought to piggy-back on the Covid-19 vaccination programme and people are receiving fraudulent calls and text messages. So please be alert and vigilant!
The COVID-19 vaccination is only available from the NHS and it is FREE. The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or for your bank details.
Please be assured that even if you don’t respond to a genuine vaccination message because you are worried it could be fraudulent, you will remain on the invitation list and be contacted again.
If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
What Healthwatch East Sussex is doing
We are working with the local NHS and other services to roll out the COVID-19 vaccination programme in East Sussex. This includes helping them to clearly communicate what is happening to local people and making them aware of any questions or issues that arise.
Please tell us send us any questions that you may have and we will seek to help answer them.