COVID-19 Vaccination Hub
Who is currently eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination?
- 1st doses – everyone aged 12 and above
- 2nd doses – everyone aged 12 and above
- 12-17 at 12 weeks from 1st vaccine
- 18 and over at 8 weeks from 1st vaccine
- Booster vaccines – everyone aged 18 and above
- You can have your booster 3 months (91 days) after your second vaccination, and if eligible can pre-book your booster appointment via the National Booking Service (online or by calling 119) from 2 months (61 days) after your 2nd dose .
How can I get my vaccination?
In the main there are three key ways to get your COVID-19 vaccination:
- book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments online or by calling 119 free of charge
- find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination session where you can get vaccinated without needing an appointment
- book your appointment directly with your GP led local vaccination service when they contact you
For more information on vaccinations for children and young people aged 12 to 15 – please click here
Young people aged 16 and 17
You have two ways to receive it:
- You can go to one of the walk-in vaccination sessions. No appointment is needed and you can simply turn up to receive your vaccination. See the latest dates and venues for walk-in sessions.
- You can book via the National Booking System – by visiting the website or calling 119.
You will be offered the Pfizer vaccine. A second dose of vaccine should be offered after an interval of at least 12 weeks.
Free transport to COVID-19 vaccinations
Sussex residents who have no means to get to their COVID-19 vaccination appointment are able to book a free return journey to help them attend.
To book free travel please book your vaccination appointment or have confirmed plans to attend a walk-in session first, then call 01444 275 008 to speak to a travel coordinator. The booking service is available between 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
Once you are through to a travel coordinator you will be asked the following questions:
- Do you have access to transport to attend your vaccine appointment?
- Do you have a family member, friend or carer who can help with transport? They do not have to be in your bubble as per government guidelines.
If both of these options are not available the travel coordinator will arrange transport for you, including any additional needs such as wheelchair-friendly vehicles.
All transport providers have signed up to a COVID-19 safety policy to ensure that all precautions are in place for a safe journey.
Questions and queries
- If you have a question about the Sussex COVID-19 vaccination programme please take a look at the Sussex Health and Care Partnership’s frequently asked questions webpage. If you can’t find the answer you are seeking, please the Vaccine Enquiry helpline using the details below.
- You can email the Vaccine Enquiry helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the enquiry phone line on 0800 433 4545 (open 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday).
Please remember that these services cannot book a vaccination on your behalf and are for queries only.
Beware of Vaccination Scams!
Scammers have already sought to piggy-back on the Covid-19 vaccination programme and people are receiving fraudulent calls and text messages. So please be alert and vigilant!
The COVID-19 vaccination is only available from the NHS and it is FREE. The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or for your bank details.
Please be assured that even if you don’t respond to a genuine vaccination message because you are worried it could be fraudulent, you will remain on the invitation list and be contacted again.
If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
What Healthwatch East Sussex is doing
We are working with the local NHS and other services to roll out the COVID-19 vaccination programme in East Sussex. This includes helping them to clearly communicate what is happening to local people and making them aware of any questions or issues that arise.
Please tell us send us any questions that you may have and we will seek to help answer them.