Celebrating ten years of Healthwatch
Healthwatch has reached a significant milestone – 10 years of putting people’s voices at the heart of health and social care.
The health and social care landscape has changed a lot in ten years, but thanks to you taking the time to share your story with us we’ve been able to champion your voice to help improve care.
With your voice as our guide, Healthwatch East Sussex has;
- Captured and championed the experiences of residents of emergency and temporary accommodation, leading to beneficial changes for people living in Kendal Court, Newhaven.
- Directly supported the COVID-19 vaccination rollout through volunteering and information sharing, responding to enquiries and researching people’s experiences to inform the vaccination programme.
- Undertaken ‘lay reviews’ of GP websites and collaborating with NHS Sussex to deliver an investment programme to support improvements.
- Highlighted people’s challenges in accessing NHS Dentistry to NHS commissioners and East Sussex Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee, whilst also providing advice and information on how and where to get support.
- Established Young Healthwatch as a means of giving children and young people a voice in health and social care.
Together, we’re making health and social care better for everyone.
Whether you spoke to us at an event, over the phone, or left a comment online – it mattered. Because of you, we’ve raised awareness of some of the big issues, and championed change where it’s needed over the last ten years.
And if you’ve not heard of us before, then come and see what we do, and help us improve healthcare over the years to come.
We will be celebrating all that we’ve achieved together for the people in our community at our Annual Event in the summer. More information is to come on this so keep an eye on our website for more details.
Below, you can watch a video from Healthwatch England, to mark the difference the public has made in improving NHS and social care services.
We want to continue to hear your stories and experiences over the next ten years, and we have a range of ways for you to share these with us.
You can leave a review of health and care services in East Sussex each and every time you use them via our Feedback Centre. This only takes a few minutes and helps commissioners, providers and Healthwatch understand how services are performing.
The Healthwatch East Sussex Information and Signposting (I&S) Service helps people to access the right health or social care service or organisation for their needs. In addition, the I&S service also enables people to share their experience or make a complaint about services they have used.
To contact our Information and Signposting Service please
Call: 0333 101 4004