Our 2022 Annual Event ‘Health and Social Care in East Sussex: Towards the new normal’ was held at Uckfield Civic Centre in July 2022.
This report provides a brief summary of the event, with a particular focus on the points raised during the table discussions and participant’s consideration of the future of health and care in East Sussex.
At our first ‘in person’ annual event since 2019 we met approximately 50 people, made up of members of the public and our colleagues from statutory and voluntary organisations.
Our three guest speakers responded to our theme of “Health and Social Care in East Sussex: Towards the new normal”:
- Ashley Scarff – Deputy Managing Director for the East Sussex and Brighton and Hove areas within NHS Sussex.
- Samantha Williams – Assistant Director, Strategy, Commissioning and Supply Management, Adult Social Care and Health, East Sussex County Council
- Patrick Nyikavaranda – Director of Leadership and Research, Diversity Resource International (DRI)
Copies of the speaker presentations can be downloaded here.
The final session of the event focused on table discussions, with each table having participants from a range of organisations and locations. They were tasked with developing responses to each of the following questions:
- What are the greatest opportunities for making long term improvements to our health and care?
- What are the greatest risks posed by changes to our health and care?
- What practical suggestions do you have for making improvements to our health and care over the next year?
- What should HWES priorities be over the next 12 months and beyond?
A brief summary of the themes raised and recommendations proposed across all of the table discussions is set out in the attached report.
We will use this insight as part of our prioritisation process and in informing our day-to-day work.