Healthwatch East Sussex (HWES) is your county-wide local consumer champion for health and social care. Although we have a team of paid staff actively engaging in representing your health and social care needs, we could not function without our network of Healthwatch Champions.
Our Healthwatch Champions support our work by:
- Helping to deliver engagement work in their communities
- Are active connectors in their own local area
- Feeding back the views of their communities and local people, as well as attending meetings
- Above all else, our Healthwatch Champions are volunteers committed to improving health and social care services and support the Healthwatch team
Do you want to become a Healthwatch Champion?
If yes, the following information explains the benefits to you, the role and the support and training we will provide.
- Become involved in making a difference in your local community
- Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Use your experience with Healthwatch to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment or training
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of Healthwatch across East Sussex
For more information, or for an application form, please take a look at the documents below: