The Eastbourne Listening Tour begins
As our first event, it was great to see so many people visiting the launch including members of the public, the local MP and deputy Mayor, local press, and colleagues from statutory and voluntary organisations.
The launch was an opportunity to kickstart the Listening Tour, tell local people more about Healthwatch East Sussex and receive feedback about experiences of health and care services.
Throughout the day we hosted a range of activities including:
- Free Health checks provided by One You East Sussex.
- Music by Pom and de Hommes
- An exercise Bike Challenge, with a bike kindly provided for free from Snap Fitness Eastbourne.
- Face painting by Louise Sharp from Froggle Parties who gave her services for free
- Cakes from Elli’s Edibles
Special thank you to our Marketplace partners who also attended on the day:
- Age Concern Eastbourne
- Care for the Carers
- East Sussex County Council Adult Social Care
- East Sussex Hearing
- Eastbourne Blind Society
- NHS 111
- NHS Sussex
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice
Where to find us on the Eastbourne Listening Tour
The Eastbourne Listening Tour continues across Eastbourne up until the 30th October, so there is plenty of time to share your views.
We are focusing on ‘meeting people where they are’ so we will be visiting a wide range of organisations and locations across the Borough.
For information on where we will be for the rest of the tour please visit the calendar below.
Listening Tour Survey
As well as engaging with local people through our activities and events we have also developed a survey so that Eastbourne residents can tell us:
- Have your experiences of local health and care services been good, bad or indifferent?
- Whether local health and care services are meeting your needs
- How you feel health, care and wellbeing support could be improved?
- Has your wellbeing been affected by the cost-of-living crisis, and if so, how?
We will use the feedback and experiences we capture to inform the development of better services for all.
You can complete our survey online by clicking the button below:
The closing date for the survey is midnight on 13th November 2022
Further information about our 2022 Listening Tour can be found on our website.
For Listening Tour enquiries please contact:
Anna Hoad, Community Engagement Officer or
Elizabeth Mackie, Volunteer and Community Liaison Manager, via
You can share feedback on health and care services in East Sussex any time, please visit the Healthwatch East Sussex Feedback Centre here.