Who are Healthwatch East Sussex?
We are the local independent watchdog for health and care services. These include GP, outpatients, mental health services for, emergency or urgent care, hospital stays, dentists, pharmacies, occupational therapists, district nurses, care in your own home, or residential care homes.
We gather your views and experiences which help decision makers to develop better services.
What is a Listening Tour?
Each year we focus on an area of East Sussex to engage local people and understand the needs of their communities in more detail. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our Listening Tour in Eastbourne will now take place in the Autumn 2020.
We want to know…
- Which health or care services have you have used in the past 12 months, and how often? Tell us about the services you used or are using:
- What worked well and why?
- What didn’t go so well and why?
- Has anything affected your access to health and social care services in the last 12 months?
- Have you been offered an appointment to see a nurse, paramedic or other professional instead of a GP? How did it go for you?
- What do you think about GP appointments via a video or phone call?
- If you could change one thing about the services you used, what would it be?
What’s in it for you?
- The more voices, the stronger the message. Your views matter. If things went well, this helps services to keep up the good work. If things weren’t so good, your ideas and suggestions can help to change services for the better – for you, your family, and your community.
- You can remain anonymous if you wish.
Feedback, information and signposting at any time
Tell us your story and encourage others to tell us theirs. Each and every time you use a health or care service, you, a family member or carer can feedback to us at any time via our website or message to our information signposting phone line. We will return your call within 3 days. Contact us to find out more about our work and how it can help to improve services, or to explore our interesting volunteer opportunities. www.healthwatcheastsussex.co.uk