Supporting you during Lockdown 3
The UK has now entered a third national lockdown in order to suppress the rising rates of COVID-19 across the country, which have also been seen in East Sussex.
This comes at a time when the vaccinations for COVID-19 are also being rolled out.
To support patients and the public we have drawn together key information, guidance and resources to help them understand what is happening.
Our COVID-19 Information Hub provides:
- Links to the latest government guidance, including details of the lockdown restrictions
- Data on COVID-19 cases across East Sussex
- Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Details on COVID-19 symptoms, including how to get a test
- Signposting to those offering information and support
We are aware of the significant interest in the vaccination programme and have set-up a COVID-19 Vaccination Hub to:
- Share information on who is to be vaccinated and when
- Provide details on the Vaccination rollout in Sussex
- Receive and respond to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Offer links to further sources of information
These resources are driven by the questions and feedback we receive from you, so do contact us if there is further information we can provide.
Ask us a question
If you have any questions related to COVID-19, the vaccination programme or health and care services, then please contact our Information and Signposting service.
The number to ring is 0333 101 4007
or you can email: email@example.com
Tell us your experiences of health and care services
We are keen to hear your experiences of health and services during the lockdown.
Please visit our Feedback Centre where we invite you to rate and comment on any health or social care service that you have used, or to view the experiences left by others.
Or get in touch via the Contact Form on our website.