Latest Reports > Care Home
Staying Connected in the COVID-19 Pandemic: ‘2021 – One Year On’ Care Home Webinar Report
Healthwatch in Sussex publish the final report ending our series nine of webinars capturing relatives and family carers experiences visiting their loved ones in care homes during the pandemic.
‘Staying connected with relatives and loved ones in residential settings – One Year On’ hosted on the 9th November 2021 welcomed 42 attendees including health and care partners, regulators, providers and carers support organisations. Many of the family carers attended all nine webinars hosted throughout the year.
The webinars enabled family carers to:
- share their views and experiences with providers and health and care professionals, as well as
- receive timely updates on new guidance as it was implemented
- Raise the profile of Essential Carer role – nationally and locally
- Participate in Q & A sessions
- Access support; and
- So importantly, to have their voices heard
A video of the webinar is available to view here: https://youtu.be/CKxiiQnIDyQ
You can read the final report which provides a summary of the discussion and actions via the link below.
Care Home Wellbeing project: Overarching report
A series of webinar events were organised between September 2020 and March 2021 on behalf of informal carers (families and friends) of care home residents. Their purpose was to:
- Share unpaid carers’ views and experiences of visiting (or not visiting) their relative or friend in a care home during the pandemic.
- Enable unpaid carers to ask questions and gain answers from health and social care representatives about current and future access to care home residents.
- Have access to timely, accurate information around official and local visiting guidelines.
- Raise any concerns about wider care home service improvement; and
Influence decisions made by health and care leaders during the pandemic
What could and should health and care organisations be doing to support relatives and carers?
East Sussex Care Homes Wellbeing Project – Relatives and Carers
Zoom Webinar held on Tuesday 23 March 2021 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm (Part 1)
‘What could and should health and care organisations be doing to support relatives and carers?’
The impact of long-term restricted visiting/separation from loved ones is having on families
Zoom Webinar held on Wednesday 24th February 2021 from 3:00 to 3:45 pm (Part 1) on: